Pic credit – wallpapers craft
1. Carrots – Carrots are rich sources of vitamin A that prevents oxidative damage and inflammation to eyes. It also has antioxidant properties that are also helpful for eyes and whole body. For much faster and better results eat it raw as salads and make its juice.
2. Spinach – It is rich in vitamins A, B, C, E and minerals like iron and zinc, and phytonutrients like lutein and zeaxanthin. The carotenoids, lutein and zeaxanthin, have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. So having spinach daily can help prevent macular degeneration and cataracts as it contains zinc, and it can also keep the corneas healthy.
3. Milk & curd – Milk and curd are great for improving eye health. It contains calcium and phosphorus and are loaded with zinc and vitamin A. Vitamin A helps protect the cornea, and zinc helps transport vitamin A to the eyes from the liver. Zinc also helps with night vision and prevents cataract. You can have milk after dinner and curd during lunch.
Check this also : Home remedies for Dark circles
4. Whole grains ( cereals ) – They are Rick source of dietary fiber, phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals. Zinc and vitamin E are the two main eye health-promoting nutrients present in them. They help protecting the eyes from oxidative damage and inflammation.You can have them as sprouts , boiled and in regular diet also.
5. Citrus fruits ( vitamin C ) – These are full of antioxidants that boosts up the overall body immunity and scavenge harmful oxygen radicals thus protecting your eye muscles from damage. You can have oranges kiwi lemon and other fruits vegetables that are easily available.